Keto egg white breakfast Omelette recipe
15 minutes High Protein Breakfast
Simple And EASY healthy meal?
This Keto Egg White Omelette is packed with protein and perfect for busy work mornings. Best of all, it’s easy to make-ahead for a healthy breakfast on the go.
This meal is ketogenic friendly! It is specially recommended for people why want to lose fat and have enough energy to function during the day.
Eggs and bacon are a big favourite for breakfast for many, so why couldn’t we enjoy of our favourite breakfast and eating healthy and getting leaner at the same time? Which this healthy version you can do that every morning, but maybe you say I don’t have time to cook in the morning, I am so busy. Ok, everyone is busy in the morning so what really make this breakfast special is you just need 15 minutes of your time in the morning to make it, but if you want you can make it the day after and reheating it when you wish!
If all this is not enough with this high breakfast you can make sure your muscles has all the amino-acids the they need to continue growing of your are doing hypertrophy training.
- Egg White — liquid egg whites in the carton are the easiest but you can certainly use regular egg whites too.
- Bacon — One of the all-time favourite breakfast foods for many of us (heck, bacon is good at any time of the day). Who doesn’t like bacon!? It’s a perfect Keto ingredient for so many recipes because of the protein and fat it has, and 0 net carbs!
- Cheese — Any of your favourite cheeses will work in these Egg White Cups, cheddar or feta are two favourites, so use whatever one that you would like to. Try a different one every time. Cheese also is a perfect Keto ingredient because of the protein and the fat it contains.
- Veggies — Some of the favourite ones in the list of choices are peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach….
- Eggs — Eggs are a food that’s good for most diets and is certainly a good choice for Keto. They are a “go-to” food with a lot of yummy varieties. Once again, this is a good ingredient for most diets. They are a good source of protein and low in calories, from 74-96 calories depending on their size, low in fat and less than 1 carb for 2 eggs.
HOW TO MAKE KETO EGG White Omelette?
- What you do first is to spray the pan with a cooking spray such as sunflower.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Add 2 slices of smoked bacon (reduced salt and fat if you want to get shredded) and cook until nearly crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the pan and clean the remain oil and go straight to the step 2.
WHOLE EGGS OR EGG WHITES?
If you are wondering the difference between whole eggs and egg whites, here are a few facts:
Whole Eggs on the average have about 77 calories with 5 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein. They are full of lots of vitamins, too many to list here, but for such a small item they are packed with a lot of nutrition.
Egg whites are on the average 15 calories per egg with 3 grams of protein. So if you are focusing on low calorie then egg whites should be your choice. Not that the whole eggs are that high in calories either, so the choice is yours, also remembering that if you are looking for a lot more vitamins the whole egg should be your choice as long as you have room for a few extra calories.
It may also depend on how many of these breakfast cups you are planning to eat at one time.
Once again you can use whole eggs whipped up or use the whole eggs from a carton. Either way is fine, whatever your preference. Whole eggs and egg whites are both available in liquid form if you are in a hurry. Once you buy them the shelf life is a month or two so they will last you a while before going bad.
WHAT DIETS ARE THEY GOOD FOR?
Yes, you can eat these Egg White Omelette if you are on the Keto diet or eating low carb. It could be highly recommended for people who their main target is to lose fat or weight but at the same time having the enough energy to complete high intensity workouts.
Also, a good choice if you have to be gluten-free.
What to serve with this meal?
You don’t actually need anything with your Egg White Omelette, because it can be a full meal.
But if you prefer to, you can for instance put more veggies or cheese on the side of your omelette.
If you want to introduce some carbs, you can eat this omelette in a big sandwich with 2 big slices of your favourite bread.
How to store Egg White Omelette?
You will be happy to note that for the short term you can store these Breakfast Egg White Omelette in an airtight container in your refrigerator for a few days. That way you can take one or two every day and eat them for breakfast or take them to work with you and eat them for your break. They can be eaten warmed up or cold.
If you want to make a bunch ahead and freeze them, you can also do that very successfully, once again in an airtight container or wrap them individually in plastic wrap tightly.
So either way, it helps you to use your time wisely and encourages eating healthy.
Other consideration for it?
You may also add egg yolks to these Breakfast egg muffin cups if you don’t want just egg whites, which will add some extra protein to your breakfast, without adding a lot more calories. The yolk itself has a whole bunch of vitamins, too many to mention….
If you want your Egg White Omelette be a little spicy add some hot sauce to it as a substitute of bacon. That will add some zest for the lovers of spicy food!
Or if you are looking for some added flavor there are many spices that can be added, such as basil or oregano, parsley,…etc
The Secrete to make an amazing omelette
If you try to make this breakfast with the wrong tool you wouldn’t get the best omelette, how frustrating is when your food stick to the bottom of the pan. This problem can disappear very easy with one of the best pans for omelette that you can find in Amazon, I have use it for many year and it is amazing it helps a lot to have a simple and easy meal and enjoying the process. Also you don’t need to put a ton of oil to your pan to make your meals so it will reduce your overall calories
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE:
If you’re in the mood for some other Keto Breakfast recipes then try our:
- Coming Soon!